We are three primary schools consisting of 15 classes (with children aged 3 to 11) with more than 300 pupils. We are located in the North of France – two school in Hazebrouck (22,000 inhabitants) and one in Steenbecque, a village about 5 miles from Hazebrouck. Hazebrouck has many amenities such as a cinema, supermarkets and plenty of activities. Hazebrouck has a train line connecting directly to Lille and Paris.
In the last two years, we have already received native English speakers to assist our teachers. We are looking for our next assistant for the 2018 / 2019 / 2020 school year. The start date and duration of the internship are flexible.
We have good equipment for teaching English: an interactive whiteboard, books, PC, tablets, a separate classroom etc.
As a complete part of the staff, the assistant will be integrated into our teaching team.
The schools are open from 9:00 to 12 am and from 1:30 to 4:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and is closed on Wednesday. The teaching schedule will be discussed with the assistant at the beginning of the internship. They will have the same holidays as the pupils (2 weeks in October, 2 weeks during Christmas and New Year’s, 2 weeks in February and two weeks in April.
Their responsibilities will be:
- to assist in teaching English to young children (aged 4 to 11);
- to work with teachers on projects (in Arts, PE or on scientific subjects)
- to introduce the culture of her/his country
- to help children become European citizens though projects with other countries such as twinning, or exchanges with a school from her/his country.
- to help the institution promote the project (language club, news, information technology..., "international week"...)
- To run English lessons for adults on evenings
- To aid in English tutoring for certain students
We will provide to the assistant an apartment and we can provide a car. They will have a lot of contact with pupils family (dinner with famillies, weekend outings…).
A driving licence is absolutely necessary for this role.
Please contact us or our current assistant for more information.