Inmaculada Jesuitas School is an educational institution located in Alicante (Spain) which was created by Jesuits in 1956. With more than 1800 students at the moment and the last techonological advances in our classrooms, Inmaculada Jesuitas School is incorporating a multilingual education to its study program with the goal of providing a high-quality education and multiculturalism to our educational institution.
Our school is 60 years educating "citizens for a much fare society" in the centre of Alicante city. Our school has 1800 students from 3 to 18 years old who mainly belong to the middle class and we are 110 teachers working everyday under the Jesuits art of teaching which has more than 500 years tradition.
Regarding our interests, we are very aware of the importance of having a good English level because it is the main used language in the world. For that reason, we are looking for an enthusiastic English language assistant to collaborate with English teachers and help us to improve the speaking skills of our students. We take the view that having an English speaking person in our school will motivate and enrich not only our students but the whole school community. This school year we are having four language assistants from the UK, Ireland and the US and we are all enjoying the experience of having them with us.
In addition, we have to emphasize that Alicante, located on the Mediterranean coast, is one of the most touristic cities in Spain because of its beautiful sandy beaches, gastronomy and mixture of cultures due to the big amount of Erasmus people who are studying or doing their internship here.
We are looking for Assistants that would like to stay with us for a 9 months period. From the beginning of september 2023 until the end of may 2024.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to live in a beautiful city with a privileged climate where you can enjoy sandy and crystal clear water beaches as well as the chance to practice sports and outdoor activities all year long. Alicante has an international atmosphere because of its many tourists and Erasmus students who come to our city to benefit from our great quality of living.
- Free lunch is included during the working days. (worth it in 200€)
- Possibility to take on paid employment as an english teacher for 4 hours a week. 200€ per month
- Possibility of finding an adequate accommodation (if you are interested, we can also find a free accommodation in a family from a school).
- Possibility if you have an accreditation as a sports coach of some after-school activity, you might be able to train some students and for sure, it would be remunerated.
- Free spanish lessons if you are interested.
Your tasks will be:
We are looking for only native english speaking assistants or northern european countries' assistants.
- You will be asked mainly to work with small groups of students to improve their oral skills. 16 hours per week
- Collaborate in International Projects like student exchanges and social network.