!!!! We have already recruited tutors for 2020-2021. You can however send us your CV and we will contact you if one of the students we recruited resigns. !!!
Supervisor: Christelle Picard (Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III); [email protected]
Abstract : Supervised in either French or English, this internship will aim at:
- tutoring students who come to study languages on their own in their spare time at the Language Resource Centre of Paul Sabatier University (Toulouse, France)
- organizing events and activities (conversation workshops, international students welcome parties, games club, debating club, talks in foreign languages...) for university students and staff
- advertising these events
- designing and posting material online for students to study in autonomy
Dates: from September to December 2020 or from January 2021 to April 2021 (or both semesters)
Funding: You will earn 3.75 euros per hour (total amount for a full month with 25 hours per week: about 375 euros). In addition, you have the possibility to receive an ERASMUS grant from your home university (usually about 400 euros per month). Please contact the International Relations Office of your home university for more information. You can also apply for student accommodation (rent: 270 euros per month) and for housing benefits ("APL": about 80 euros per month). Half of the transportation costs (10 euros per month for unlimited travel in Toulouse) are refunded.
Application: Send a detailed CV and cover letter in English to [email protected].
Information about the Language Resource Centre
The intern will work at the Language Resource Centre, a room located near the department of languages of Paul Sabatier University. Paul Sabatier University is specialized in sciences but our students have English classes as most of them will need to use English in their future professional careers if they work as technicians, engineers or researchers. Some of the students who already have a B2 level in English study Spanish or German instead.
The Language Resource Centre is equipped with computers, TV sets, DVD players and furnished with tables, chairs but also armchairs and bookcases containing magazines, novels, resources to prepare for the TOEIC and TOEFL tests...
- Language skills: as most students are French native speakers and study English, it is essential to be an English native speaker but also to have basic communication skills in French. A good command of other languages would be a plus.
- Tutoring skills: some experience or qualification in language teaching would be appreciated.
- Digital skills: some experience in event management and social media management would be useful. The intern will have to use communication tools such as Facebook and Moodle.