Teach French in a school in Spain: vacancies in Barcelona! Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP
The Role of a Language Assistant
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of French, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
Selected candidate will
- Join a Spanish school to cooperate as a French language assistant with up to 25 teaching hours per week with the same holidays as the school.
- Get initial training and teacher workshops.
- Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme).
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
- Get help with the process and opening a bank account.
- Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
- Enjoy paid school holidays (except for summer period).
- The school is located in Barcelona
- Teach Primary and/or Secondary school students (aged 5 – 18).
- Full cover to the National Health insurance.
- No fees attached