• Minimum 3 months of unpaid Internship (erasmus+ grant)
• Lunch and local transport compensation
• Candidate must be eligible to work in Slovenia and must also be available for a Skype interview
• Working hours: Monday to Thursday from 8:15 to 17:00, Fridays 8:15 to 13:00
• The desired period would be March/April - end of December 2020 and September 2020 - June 2021, however, we are flexible on the dates.
As an intern, you will coordinate and support the educational team in the delivery of Computing short-cycle higher education study program, simultaneously maintaining Academia's servers/digital sources up to date.
• Support daily website operations by monitoring and responding to requests, managing dependency
coordination with team members, ensuring requests are completed within established Academia´s
• Plan and implement creative workshops for students with different level of knowledge of software
• Assist students with completing high-quality projects and courses.
• Work with project managers, program managers, and content strategists to assure successful
*Keep in mind that responsibilities may vary during the internship. Listed duties may increase and
include additional tasks linked to your competence or administrative functions.
This internship will give you a balanced experience of teaching and implementing your knowledge of
software engineering into real work. You will get a great insight into office work, and an opportunity in
assisting with the running of a successful business. Adequate training to perform your job to the
correct standard will be provided. You will have full support in this role throughout your internship
and work closely with a small team. Upon completion, you will then be certified by an Academia
Certificate of Completion. Above all, it is an excellent opportunity to interact with people from various
countries/cultures and also to practice written and spoken business English. Your workplace will be
at the heart of the Maribor in the Academia Higher Education College office.
Required Skills & Attributes:
• A master student in Computer Science (strong background in software engineering)
• Strong object-oriented design skill (Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism).
• Strong knowledge of at least one of the coding language: Java, Python, C#/.Net, Mean, Ruby.
• User Experience and Interface Design skills are your advantages.
• "Outside-the-box" creative thinker.
• "Can do"; attitude with independent troubleshooting and logical thinking skills.
• Service Attitude and Customer Focus.
• Language skills: English full professional proficiency, additional language is a plus.