- A traineeship placement at El Limonar International Schools either Villamartin.
- British International School located in south east Spain.
- An Erasmus+ grant or self funding is necessary as this is not a paid position.
- Shared self catering accommodation close to either school will be provided.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided at school on school days.
Erasmus teaching assistants at ELIS take part in every day school life, curriculum, break duties, pedagogical matters, celebrations, workshops, visits, excursions and so on. Expect to become an integral part of the teaching team here at ELIS Villamartin.
This support role will help to underpin the learning of our students of a diverse age, ability, and language capability across both the Primary and Upper school, under the direct supervision of the school SENCO and English Department.
The role requires a strong confident communicator with a high level of spoken and written English and with clear initiative skills. Previous EFL classroom/teaching/one to one experience is preferable.
- Language skills – Native English, or a high level of written and spoken English for non-native speakers. Additional language Spanish, Russian or Chinese a plus point.
- Educational or Pedagogical degrees beneficial but not compulsory.
- An interest in school aged education is a must.
- A calm `can do` approach, independent thinker with initiative.
- School day for staff is from 8.50 am to 4.45pm, teaching assistants will be onsite for 40 hours per week within these times.
- Applicants must be an EU passport holder to fulfill the role or UK citizen with outstanding Erasmus funding.