Duration: Sept to June 10 month full school year 22/23 . 5 months Sept – Jan or Jan to June may be considered.
Commitment: Full Time
To Apply: Please send C.V. and a letter of introduction to [email protected] with the title Erasmus Traineeship. Interviews by Skype.
DESCRIPTION: Erasmus Traineeship Teaching Assistant
- A traineeship placement at El Limonar International Schools either Villamartin (Alicante Province) or Murcia Campus.
- British International Schools located in south east Spain.
- An Erasmus+ grant or self funding is necessary as this is not a paid position.
- Shared self catering accommodation close to either school will be provided.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided at school on school days.
- School day for staff is from 8.45 am to 5.00 pm, teaching assistants will be onsite for 40 hours per week within these times.
- Teaching assistant roles are available in Early Years, Primary and limited Secondary.
- Applicants must be an EU passport holder to fulfill the role.
Erasmus teaching assistants will take part in every day school life, curriculum, break duties, pedagogical matters, celebrations, workshops, visits, excursions and so on.
This support role will help to underpin the learning of our students of a diverse age, ability, and language capability, under the direct supervision of a qualified teacher mentor.
The role requires a strong communicator with a high level of spoken and written English and with clear initiative skills.
- Language skills – Native English, or a high level of written and spoken English for non-native speakers. Additional language Spanish, Russian or Chinese a plus point.
- Educational or Pedagogical degrees beneficial but not compulsory.
- An interest in school aged education is a must.
- A calm `can do` approach, independent thinker with initiative.