Do you want to work on novel body metrics? At Nanoleq we are making sense out of vital data coming from a revolutionary smart textile! The data is so exciting, you’ll never get bored!
About Nanoleq – reinvent health monitoring
- Nanoleq is a Swiss wearable technology company headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. The vision of the company is to rethink and reinvent health monitoring based on smart textiles.
- We combine know-how about innovative soft electronic materials, bio signal acquisition and processing and textile engineering to enable a seamless integration of electronic functionality into garments. As we own the full technology stack from the sensing elements to the cloud, we aim to set the standard of connected textiles and to enable rapid development and widespread use throughout many verticals.
- The company started as a key supplier and enabler for smart textile businesses. Based on disruptive material innovation, we developed and commercialized a complete solution for sensors and electrical connections in textiles, featuring stretchable cables and dry electrodes, which are highly comfortable, washable and simplify the manufacturing process. These key components enable our customers to commercialize reliable smart textiles in a wide range of applications from bio signal monitoring to electrical stimulation for sports, workwear and medical applications.
- In the coming months, we will launch our own revolutionary wearable. The product will allow users to reconnect to their body in a unique way. When wearing it, users will collect live information about their body state and actionable insights for their mental health. Interactive exercises will empower users to take control of their wellbeing journey. This new health companion is destined to be a pioneering product in the upcoming era of smart textiles and the democratization of healthcare.
About this position
For the launch of our health companion wearable, we are looking for talented students to work with our data science team to develop new biometrics and to advance existing models. We are working with a unique type of smart textile and unique signals (such as live breathing), which are not available in 99.9% of standard wearables like watches, belts and rings. We are working on physiological topics like vagal tone estimation, heart breathing coherence and sleep analysis, all with a focus on live analysis and live user feedback. Join Nanoleq and make use of your data science and coding skills! Are you up for an ambitious 6-month challenge to find new exciting insights about the interplay of breathing and the heartbeat?
- Conduct advanced data analysis and implement complex statistical algorithms
- Develop new machine learning (ML) algorithms for clinical data analysis
- Participate in software architecture, design discussions, and code review
- Implement reusable, readable, scalable and testable code
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Have a direct impact on the features of the most revolutionary wearable in 2023!
- Currently studying or graduated in a Data Science related field or a quantitative subject such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or related field
- Knowledge of a wide range of machine learning techniques and applications
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms and techniques, preferably to biomedical time series data
- Experience in Python
- Experience with Python libraries pandas, scipy, numpy and scikit-learn
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A strategic approach and good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in signal processing is a plus
- Experience in Dart is a plus
- Experience in UI programming (Flutter/Dart) programming is a plus
- Experience in C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms (for example AWS) is a plus
What we offer
- Great responsibility from day one. Grow with us, professionally and personally.
- Inspiring work environment.
- Friendly and open team spirit.
- Modern culture based on self-responsibility and trust.
- Company retreats with everyone.
- Exciting vision of the Nanoleq team: shaping the future of health-monitoring textiles.
Application Instructions and Conditions
Please apply via email ([email protected]) with CV in English. Direct applications on LinkedIn or other platforms will not be considered. Incomplete applications without a CV will not be considered.
- At Nanoleq, we believe in authenticity, openness, optimism and action.
- Authenticity & Openness: We are proud to work in a team with people of different origins, opinions, appearances, life situations and lifestyles. Every team member is encouraged to provide their ideas and to raise concerns. We are loyal to each other and we pursue the decided goals with dedication. Roles are not cast in stone and every team member is encouraged to challenge the status quo.
- Optimism & Action: Everybody has their responsibilities and is empowered to make operational decisions without long waiting times. It is OK to make mistakes, this is how we learn and move forward.
- At Nanoleq, we work smart in a fast-paced environment to bring our vision and ideals to society. But most importantly, we do not forget to have fun together on weekly social events, spontaneous get-togethers and yearly team retreats.