6 Month Paid Internship
Film Editing Intern
By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: Editing, Post-Production
Paid Internship: 1200€ brutto / month
Duration: 6 months, full time (if enrolled in university) / 3 months if not
Start date: as soon as possible
We are looking for a globally minded colleague, who is organised, result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people and work in a dynamic and international environment. You will assist our Editor, Benjamin Mirguet, our Editing and Post-production Coordinator, Pedro Ramos, and the Producer Philippe Bober by planning and participating in test screenings, preparing editing memos, editing demos, EPKs, of the films themselves.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced forty films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office's international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
The number of staff has tripled in the past four years and Coproduction Office continues to grow as it diversifies its activities (which include a cinema and gastronomy project in Berlin and increasing its restoration of classics). At the forefront of arthouse cinema in Europe, Coproduction Office is an international, dynamic, and motivational workplace which offers its employees support, responsibility, and career progression. At Coproduction Office you will have the opportunity to work closely with films by some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office, alongside the respective directors, is actively involved in the post-production process of the films it produces, including in the editing process. Currently four films are in post-production.
You will work on the following tasks:
- Planning and coordinating test screenings
- Communicating with the post-production team of each film
- Preparing transcripts of the discussions concerning the test screenings
- Looking for prospective test screening audiences
- Improving and updating the test screening audience database
- Assisting with the creation of VOD film screeners
- Creating and/or reviewing subtitles, and assisting with the creation and editing of Dialogue Lists if needed
- Working alongside the marketing team which includes editing of trailers and excerpts (press clips etc.)
- Occasionally assisting our editor with editing
- Occasionally editing with the director and editor of the film
- A native or fully fluent English speaker with an excellent command of German and/or French. A third language is a plus (Italian, Chinese or Russian in particular).
- A cinephile with an interest in film analysis and an ability to formalize ideas.
- Able to deal with stress and prioritize.
- Proficient with AVID, Premiere, After Effects.
- Computer savvy and proficient in virtual workspaces, particularly in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry.
- A team player apt to collaborate in a fast-paced and dynamic workspace.
- A perfectionist who pays attention to detail, while being able to meet deadlines.
- Flexible with a proactive skill set.
- Gain valuable experience in editing while following the entire editing process and seeing the impact it can have on the audience.
- Gain insight into different aspects of the company including sales, marketing, and production, as we are a small and flexible company.
- Work in a multi-lingual environment with a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work.
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at [email protected] (NB Applications without a cover letter will not be considered). Please also indicate where you saw this post.