ESN Lisboa is a Non-Profit Student Organisation in Lisboa which handles the reception of Erasmus and Exchange Students in Lisboa, and we are looking for interns!
How to apply: Send an e-mail to [email protected], with a motivation letter where you state (at the top): the dates you are available for the internship. Additionally, attach your CV (with picture) to the e-mail
Field of Study: There is no particular field of study as a requirement, however experience in administration is a plus. Bachelor's and/or master’s in administration.
Compensation: There is no financial compensation given directly by ESN Lisboa, however, the internship can be funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, proving there is a Learning Agreement accepted by the sending and receiving institution, together with the Acceptation Letter. ESN Lisboa Interns have free access to some events as they are part of the team.
Expected Number of Working Hours per week: 20 - 30 hours (Depends on the Learning Agreement or contract details).
Training and Internship Preparation: The intern will have training provided by the secretary and/or the Vice President about ESN structure, Office day-to-day tasks, management, and PR & Events Strategy (Optional). The intern will then be integrated into the member’s community through teambuilding activities.
The Front Office interns will be the interface between the Erasmus and ESN Lisboa at our office while being always ambassadors to the association at any moment. The intern will help the association with its day-to-day Administrative/Logistic tasks and can optionally help in the organization of events.
In the period of most movement (Welcome Weeks - mid-August until mid-October or mid-January until mid-March) the interns, major duty will be to exclusively perform administrative tasks at the office and represent ESN in Welcome Days in the Universities or at Partners Events/Locales (Such as Study In Lisbon Lounge from Lisbon Municipality). There is a maximum flow of incoming students in that period therefore additional Human Resources for logistic/administrative work are required.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Be an ESN Ambassador, representing the organization and its values;
- Develop a strong and close relationship with the Erasmus;
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork;
- Maintaining the Office (cleaning, making inventories, assure there are office materials available and asking for more when needed, etc);
- Providing guidance and expert advice to Erasmus students or other groups;
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others;
- Operates and coordinates the flow of information both internally and with other organizations using email and fax.
- Customer Care - Assist the international students' WhatsApp group and emails.
- Excellent communication, social and public/customer handling skills;
- Good interpersonal skills w/ proven abilities to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Sales and marketing mindset - solution-oriented.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- English Proficiency - C1 level or above is preferred.
- Knowledge of Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, or French is an advantage;
- Good command of office software: Word, Outlook, Excel, and Google office suite (Google docs, Google sheets);
What we offer:
- A city-centered office with an amazing view of the Tagus river;
- Multicultural environment;
- Possibility to attend multiple ESN events;
- A safe space to be whoever you want to be;
- The opportunity to work with Lisbon's craziest family. (By the way, we call ourselves #SardinesOnFire :D)
Our selection process is made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, or disability.
We can't wait to receive your application and give you a warm welcome to the beautiful city of Lisbon.
Be sure to check the "How to apply" section at the top. Good luck!