AKKA is looking for a Product Design intern to work on various products we develop for our customers.
The responsibilities include defining product specifications, creating digital or print drawings and designing fully-functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shape, be able to translate requirements into practical product features and have the ability to align the design to the branding of AKKA.
Ultimately, you will help us build products that are easy to use and visually appealing to our potential customers while being involved in all the steps of the process.
- Identify opportunities for new products and furniture
- Set design requirements
- Research materials and techniques
- Sketch drafts on paper or digitally (for example, using CAD)
- Use 3D modeling software to design products and components
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Creativity in mixing up colors, shapes and techniques
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- Good knowledge of 3D modeling software
- Experience with design programs (like Illustrator and Sketch)
- Work well in a team
- Time-management skills
- English proficiency. Dutch is a plus
- Student/Bachelor or higher-level degree in Product Design, Manufacturing Design Engineering or relevant field
- Work experience in Product/Furniture Design is a plus