6-Month Paid Internship:
By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: Graphic Design
Location: Berlin or Paris
Paid Internship: 1000 - 1200€ brutto / month (est. netto 950 € / month)
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, career progression
Duration: 6 months full time (if enrolled in university) – 3 months if not
Start date: from September 2023
Coproduction Office is looking for an intern in graphic design to collaborate with our marketing coordinator on the marketing (posters, pressbooks etc.) of our films and the branding of the company.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office's CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced forty films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office's international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
The number of staff has tripled in the past four years and Coproduction Office continues to grow as it diversifies its activities (which include a cinema and gastronomy project in Berlin and increasing its restoration of classics). At the forefront of arthouse cinema in Europe, Coproduction Office is an international, dynamic, and motivating workplace which offers its employees support, responsibility, and career progression. At Coproduction Office you will have the opportunity to work closely with films by some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors. Coproduction Office is now combining its know-how in these fields into a unique project: a premium cultural space that includes a three-screen arthouse cinema, an art gallery and a multifunctional exhibition venue, ambitious restaurants, and a wine bar. Located in Berlin’s city center in an iconic listed building, it is to open its doors to the public in 2025.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
- Gain valuable experience in developing film posters and in the marketing of films (e.g. the creation of pressbooks, newsletters, merch etc.)
- Help prepare the marketing material for film festivals such as Venice, the Berlinale or Cannes (Screening invitations, Line Ups etc.)
- Work on the corporate identity of the firm (e.g. new sales catalogue, new branding)
- Work on the marketing material of Coproduction Office’s wine bar (e.g wine list, website) and of new cultural projects (e.g. B2B presentations)
- Work with our developer on the graphic interface of our new sales database
- Work in a multi-lingual environment with a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Gain insight into different aspects of the company, including film sales and production, as we are small and flexible company
- Organized, positive and capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- A perfectionist
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Aesthetically uncompromising with a fine taste in fonts, mastery of color palettes and a natural appreciation of minimalist design
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- if possible, experience with ExtJS and Sencha Themer (https://www.sencha.com/products/themer/), as well as with large data-intensive applications / SPAs
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
We work in English, French and/or German.
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English and your book (what does this refer to? – portfolio maybe?) at [email protected] (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered).