Come and experience a different kind of internship, one that is tailored to the experience you need for your career. We have many things to be done, care to challenge yourself? :-)
You want to be part of an exciting project, in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, working with an international team of passionate people all the while you help us work towards a more sustainable future? If the answer is yes, then we have the perfect internship for you.
We are a social business dealing with environmental and social issues of our society, through different projects and collaborations. Sapient Social & Environmental Enterprises was established in 2016 and consists of a team of young inspired individuals, from all over the world who dedicate themselves to stop food waste, renew democracy, provide local green energy solutions, and help other social businesses in their path to positive impact.
Healthy & Affordable is in a phase which requires many tasks to be done simultaneously in order to increase our impact. Anyone who would like to have a more in-depth understanding of social business, social & environmental impact, and participating in a dynamic, proactive and young environment are welcome to apply for this internship.
The team of Healthy & Affordable works hard to impact and involve as many people & organisations as possible, thus, there are many exciting daily tasks and we are open to new suggestions to improve processes . You are very welcome to try your best and obtain the experience you are seeking. We will tailor the internship to you. You will have the opportunity to meet new people and bring onboard to our network.
Do you enjoy web design? Are you an enthusiast of creating banners and playing around different softwares? Do you also have a portfolio of the amazing designs you have created in the past and would like to apply this beautiful talent of yours into making the world a better place? Then search no more because we are looking for you!
Your tasks will include:
- Making illustrations, designing page layouts and web pages through Wix, editing images.
- Rebranding and updating things as it relates to our different departments and projects as well as creating social media posts.
- Offline communication design such as banners, ads, logos, flyers, stickers, t-shirts and more for our projects.
- Design work for our clients and partners.
- 2D Animation and video editing for some of our projects.
We are looking for someone that is/has:
- A team worker
- Open minded and willing to learn and jump into projects.
- Communication skills
- Verbal and written english
- A software enthusiast (we generally work with the Adobe Suite so it would be ideal to know the basics of the most popular programs: Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Some knowledge about visual communication in terms of how things relate to each other (text, images etc).
- Time management skills
English is a must
The internship will involve English writing, reading and conversation skills. You need to have an excellent command of English to be able to contribute to the work. In general communication with Dutch entrepreneurs can be done in English. All communication in the office is done in English as well. If you feel your level of English needs improvement, please take care of that before applying.
Internship duration and working hours:
You can choose the duration that suits you best but we require a minimum of three months. You can choose your own working hours as full-time or part-time as long as you strictly follow the program you set for yourself.
For certain positions, it is possible to work remotely due to Corona restrictions. It’s also possible to work from our office Ferdinand Huyckstraat 62, 1061 HW Amsterdam.
In addition, we work from various places in Amsterdam like the VU (Vrije Universiteit), UVA (Universiteit Van Amsterdam), or OBA (Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam), as well as other co-working spaces in the city.
Who do we like to work with:
The Sapient team is comprised of people who are punctual, team oriented, goal driven, proactive, and highly motivated to make the world a better place. We require the same from all our team members, so they can fit in this environment we created.
Your work will be mostly on your own or with another intern so you will have to be very independent, self supportive, proactive and outgoing and being able to manage your own time in view of the goals to be achieved. We will have team meetings at least once a week where we try to create a strong team feeling and you will be required to fit into that. We like our Padawan to come with solutions instead of problems.
Depending on your prior skills, the position you applied for, and what you are good at, in combination with what needs to be done and what you like to do, you will be able to earn experience in the following:
Team work, scheduling, decision making, project management, writing skills in various levels, strategic planning, time management, multimedia and more.
If you haven’t used these yet, you might also earn experience in the following programs/platforms/tools:
ChatWork, Trello, audio/video tools, more than 20 different social media tools, Google services, WunderList and more.
Besides professional skills, you can also improve some other qualities like self-confidence, results-driven attitude and dealing with complex challenges that you will find useful in everything you will do in your life!
- Motivation and interest in social and environmental issues
- Willingness to make to world a better place
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Action-oriented,independent, spontaneous
- Sociable personality, good at communicating with people and enjoying social activities, bringing people together
- Skilled at presentations and comfortable communicating to large groups of people
- Event Management skills/experience is also a plus
Our values - Do you / are you . . . .
- Believe in a better world?
- Environmentally safe and friendly?
- Passionate about social business and other initiatives in the Netherlands and around the world?
- Believe in equality for all?
- Positive impact oriented?
- A believer in a fair society?
- Fight food waste?
- Believe in a better democracy?
- Know that every individual can create a positive impact?
Yes to all ??? Wow….. then you are more than welcome to join us :-)
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to:
Be sure to add the words “Internship application [write the position]” in the subject header so we can easily distribute your mail to the other team members and mention the period you want to join us.
Compensation: No financial compensation