We are looking for a student or post graduate in cultural mediation and/or health mediation and/or language mediation, who is willing to get a work experience in our company.
- Are you able to encourage interaction and dialogue between individuals and groups of different languages and cultures?
- Are you able to support communication between citizens with different backgrounds and cultures and public institutions?
- Are you able to manage languages (both spoken and written) Italian-German, English-German and/or Spanish-German?
As an intern in 'Health and Social Mediation' it is important that you have strong language skills in the following language groups: Italian-German, English-German and/or Spanish-German. In addition, as we are working in the field of social and health mediation, it is important that besides languages you have an excellent knowledge of the culture and social and health context of the country in which our company is working and also of the country of the European citizens we assist. Your main tasks will be to:
- act as a 'bridge' and facilitate communication between people speaking different languages or with important cultural differences;
- act as a "bridge" and facilitate the inclusion of foreign citizens into the social and health context of the host country;
- be able to identify and understand the needs, requirements and problems of the emigrating citizen, and work on finding the right solutions to the problems.
We expect you to:
- Be a team player, but also able to work independently;
- Be open to widen your knowledge and horizons;
- Be prepared to put yourself out there to overcome difficulties;
- Be ready to step out of your comfort zone and put yourself on the line.
We offer you in Berlin:
- An independent and interdisciplinary internship in one of the most exciting cities in Europe;
- An opportunity to put into practice the knowledge acquired during your studies within an international team;
- The duration of the internship is 6 months if it is mandatory from your university or 3 months is it is voluntary;
- The opportunity to meet and work as a team with other interns, that coming from the whole European area, bringing to you a consistent enrichment of your professional network.
The internship will be unpaid. Please write which period you would like to apply for and for how long.