The Spartan Studies Society announces the filling of two (2) unpaid internship position for a minimum period of three (3) months or maximum twelve (12) months.
The internship will take place in Sparta, with every possible flexibility and with the prospect of its extension to meet the requirements of the institutions of the interns.
The Internship Program of the Spartan Studies Society gives the opportunity to those interested to acquire or enrich their experience, organizational and analytical skills and to become familiar with the operation and requirements of a research institute. Already twenty (20) students, graduates and holders of postgraduate diplomas have completed their internships with the Spartan Studies Society.
At the end of the internship, the intern will receive a Certificate of Internship and a Letter of Recommendation.
• Assistance with the cataloguing and the further organisation of small community libraries in Sparta.
• Undergraduate or postgraduate students of Library Science Studies or relative fields
• Responsibility, creativity, willingness and honesty
Additional desirable qualifications:
• Previous service in internship or in support of research programs or in the organization of training seminars and conferences
• Interest in Greek History and Culture
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: Open all year round
The candidates are kindly requested to send their CVs, as well as a short cover letter to the email address "[email protected]" with the subject line "Sparta Internship Program".
Only pre-selected interviewees will be notified.