Internship at SILC Vilnius Office (Lithuania)
Position: Intern – “Project Assistant” with project support on democracy and human rights.
Duration: 5 months full-time. Details could be negotiable.
Period from: beginning of February 2020 To: end of June 2020
Field of studies: International Relations, Law, Political Science, Media and Communication or other related field.
Swedish International Liberal Centre (SILC) is a liberal foundation that promotes democracy. Our main goal is to strengthen organizations and individuals who live and work in hostile, undemocratic environemnt in their struggle for democracy and human rights. We mainly work with political parties, but also civil society actors and media. SILC has offices in Stockholm and in Vilnius.
We expect to host between two to three interns in SILC Vilnius Office during the indicated period.
The intern will mainly assist with planning, coordinating and implementing the international activists’ un-conference InspiredBY (www.inspiredbelarus.com). They will also be given specific tasks and responsibilities within SILC projects related to gender equality, policy development and election monitoring. The interns will be challenged to develop their capabilities in result-based management. Within the framework of SILC activities, we welcome interns’ initiatives and ideas and encourage them to assume full responsibility for their implementation.
SILC Vilnius Office is the right place for you:
- if you are pro-active, willing to learn, goal-oriented and reliable;
- if you believe in democracy and share liberal values;
- if you are tolerant and have a positive attitude;
- if you agree that devil is in the details;
- if you see the whole picture while not forgetting the details;
- if you are good at making decisions and solving problems while under pressure;
- if you are a good communicator (oral and written), feel confident to work individually and as a team member;
- if you are fluent in English and Russian;
- if you have a permission to work and live in the EU;
- if you are interested in politics and development in Eastern Partnership countries.
University studies in social sciences and previous experience working for a non-for profit organization are seen as merits.
In SILC, you will be able to not only contribute to the organization, preparation and implementation of the projects, but also establish useful contacts and merits for your future career.
How to apply: Send CV and short cover letter describing how you could contribute to the work of SILC, outlining your relevant experience to: [email protected] until 11th of January. Write “internship inquiry” in the subject line. Please include when you are available to start.
Compensation: No financial compensation. It is an advantage if the internship is part of your education.