The Coffee Quest works on a daily basis to source the best green ‘raw’ coffee from producing countries in Africa and Latin America. The coffee beans are packed in heavy jute bags and shipped per container to The Netherlands. From our warehouse we service a variety of European roasters, who roast & prepare the coffee for consumption. The story and people behind the coffee, are a fundamental part of the way customers look at our coffee.
As an intern you will be working on developing and testing the new back-end system that integrates CRM, stock management, accounting & e-commerce, and forms the basis for creating a front-end customer portal on our website. We are all about creating added value for our customers and sharing information about the journey from crop to cup.
1. Mapping the process: Learn and understand about our internal processes on a deeper level. Support the organization by outlining the requiered functionalities, developing flowcharts that detail our activities, and testing new IT systems.
2. Creating added value: Research the target customer segments together with our Marketing manager. What can we do to make the life of our customers easier? Make sure all ideas have a practical solution.
3. Transfer of systems: The Coffee Quest will be transitioning into the new system. Test out all the new features using our current product and customer database. Learn how to work according in small team towards implementing a succesful project.
4. Working together in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team: At The Coffee Quest you will work alongside a divers team, consisting out of French, Spanish and English speaking people. You will be located in our office in Amsterdam-Noord, but will also interact with our sister company in Colombia, and partners across our supply network. English is over main language. You will be assigned a supervisor inside the company, but will work together with more people.
What can we offer you?
• Small team, nice colleagues and good coffee!
• Starting as soon as possible, minimum of 4 months internship (32 hours weekly) at a start-up company that is growing quickly.
• Part of Amsterdam Roasters Coffee Collective, a new coffee hub where you can learn everything about coffee.
• Not just office work, but participating in events and team ‘borrels’.
• Learn more about quality control, purchasing & sales of green coffee.
• General interest in the world of coffee!
• Digital lifestyle.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Quick learning, structured, curious and persistent. An analytical approach.
• Background in IT.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Applications. Basic skills in Wordpress are an advantage.
This internship requires you to take your own laptop. The Coffee Quest will also provide a fixed computer to access the needed resources from the cloud.
How to apply?
Do you fit the profile and want to join our team? Please apply through the Erasmus Intern platform and provide us information about your availability and if you are coming in with a Erasmus grant.