About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Assist the Sales Manager with Conference/event bid production
- Accommodation & venue management
- AV/Catering co-ordination
- Transport & Travel management
- Social Programme creation/co-ordination for confirmed conferences
- Online registration & abstract submission
- Create ezines/flyers/programmes and help update conference websites & databases
- Delegate Services: correspondence (delegates, speakers, suppliers), issuing invoices, visa letters etc.
- Onsite management - be the representative on site during the operation of the conference or event.
- Responsibility for financial and credit control over conferences assigned
Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager or other senior manager or board member (this could be in another Department within the Abbey Group).
You will report to the Conference Manager.
- Students must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this
- internship as part of their studies
- Fluency in English both spoken and written - additional language is a great advantage
- Excellent team work skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines