Calcium phosphate biocrystallization during
Phosphorus (P) is essential for life on earth due to its various vital functions in growth and energy mechanisms of fauna and flora. Phosphate rock, the natural resource of P, is finite and dwindling in quality and quantity. A shortage in P would threaten the food security.
In the Netherlands, 71 million kg of P are produced as animal manure annually. Here at Wetsus, we research a multidisciplinary approach to trigger calcium phosphate bio granulation during the treatment of animal manure in an up-flow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactor.
- Help designing novel process
- Modify bioreactors treating manure
- Operating and monitoring bioreactors
- Performing and preparing a broad variety of lab analyses
- Evaluating and optimizing reactor performance
- Experiencing a multidisciplinary and international working environment
- Developing excellent practical lab skills
- Being part of active research to develop a sustainable biotechnology
We are looking forward to work with you from November or December 2021 for at least 7 months at Wetsus in Leeuwarden, if you are an enthusiastic BSc or MSc student in topic related studies. Fluent English, good lab skills and analytical thinking are appreciated. You cannot be afraid of working with animal manure.
Contact [email protected] for questions or send a brief motivation letter and your CV to apply with the subject "Internship biocrystallization".