About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The Customer care role involves the customer services funtion for Ireland for some groups Scotland and the rest of the UK as required within the Groups Department to which you are assigned - key to this is to enusre that client group operations requirements for the department operate smoothly and in a timely fashion
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Help to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential new clients.
- Daily communication with suppliers, both here in Ireland and in Scotland will be a requirement of the role and thus fluency in the relevant language(s) is required.
- The role involves the co-ordination of a variety of arrangements for tour groups within specific time restrictions - making reservations, creating & updating group itineraries, making required amendmets when changes to the clients programme occur, communication with tour guides and coach companies etc.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan system (our tourism software system) to generate all supplier communication, also ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected on Tourplan thereby facilitating a smooth and accurate accounting process.
- Cover of front office reception as assigned
- Supporting with Abbey's responsible tourism & environmental sustainability initiatives
The position may also extend to cover support in any of the Company’s other departments as the need arises.
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
Skills to be acquired
- Reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business, our marketing strategy
- Exposed to the tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Communication skills and team work skills
- Organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills.
- Improve English language both written and oral
- Internship allowance of €300.00 per month
- Weekend Away (you will be entitled to a 2 night break on a bed and breakfast basis for two people sharing a twin room ensuite in a 3* Hotel or Bed and Breakfast accommodation which is subject to availability)
- 1.75 days off per full working month
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: [email protected]