About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
Tasks The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- All aspects involved in the placement of all FIT & Online accommodation requirements with focus on achieving the Company’s overall targets.
- Manage and effectively utilise the FIT & Online Department allocations, securing additional allocations when required and compiling monthly utilisation report with recommendations for action and with regular reporting of activities to the Reservations & Yield Coordinator or the FIT & Online Operations Manager.
- Responsibility for the timely processing of bookings from our client base into the Company’s reservation system Tourplan and issuing booking confirmations (or entering confirmations into client reservations systems), amendments and cancellations.
- Maintenance of the agent’s extranet, closing or opening allocation as necessary.
- Sending the bulk message on daily basis and arrival list on weekly basis.
- Processing, including securing hotel space for booking requests for which we have no allocations or where allocations have already been utilised.
- In conjunction with the account handler, dealing with any overbooking situations that might arise.
- General office duties including booking confirmations, filing, processing reservations including the preparation of client vouchers and invoices through the Company’s reservations system (Tourplan).
- Cover of front office reception as assigned
This is an office-based role. The position may also extend to cover support in any of theCompany’s other departments as the need arises.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies
Skills to be acquired
- Reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business, our marketing strategy
- Exposed to the tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Communication skills and team work skills
- Organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills
- Improve English language both written and oral
- internship allowance of 300€ per month
- Weekend Away (2 night break on a bed and breakfast basis for two people sharing a twin room ensuite in a 3* Hotel or Bed and Breakfast accommodation which is subject to availability)
- 1.75 days off per full working month
Please send your full application to [email protected]