Provides academic tutoring services to a wide variety of individuals and groups. Creates and
implements tutorial programs that guide and assist students with homework, problem solving,
report writing, and test preparation.
Object Oriented Programming
Introduction to programming and web technologies
Introduction to networks
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Tutors students individually or in scheduled group study sessions to review principles, solve
problems, and review for tests.
2. Administers testing instruments and writes individual tutoring plans upon review of
textbooks; refers students to other agencies as appropriate.
3. Facilitates reading and writing labs to develop writing, math, word processing, study, and
other academic skills.
4. Leads and trains entry level tutors in strategies to accommodate alternative learning styles
5. Maintains and updates confidential files and records, ensuring that ethical and legal
guidelines are maintained.
6. Researches and selects learning materials, textbooks, software, and equipment to facilitate
tutoring; may design specific handout, study, and related materials.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Deep knowledge in specific programming languages (depends on the subject, mentioned
Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
Records maintenance skills.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of test administration techniques and procedures.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.
Organizing and coordinating skills.
Knowledge of tutorial/learning materials and instructional aids.
Knowledge of peer counseling/tutoring processes and methods.
Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
For further information, please contact [email protected]