The student will join in a project whose main objective is the design, development and characterization of biopolymer-based emulsions with added silicon and application of them in the development of healthier meat products. The activities to develop during the stay will be done in different stages:
1) Training courses about Health and Safety at the Laboratory as well as the use of laboratory equipment for use during the stay.
2) Training of the student in laboratory techniques used in the development of the proposed activities.
3) He/she will participate in the design, preparation and study of biopolymer-based emulsions with added silicon, with the aim of controlling lipid digestibility.
4) Evaluation of the physicochemical and nutritional characteristics of the biopolymer-based emulsions as digestibility, texture, rheology, composition, oxidative stability, etc.
5) Replacement of the animal fat by the biopolimeric-based emulsions with reduced lipid digestibility in the development of a healthier meat product.
6) Evaluation of the technological, nutritional and sensory characteristics of the developed healthier meat product.