Action it theatre company is based in Lincoln, lincolnshire and has been providing English language courses for Italian schools since 2010. The company currently offers summer schools and workshops for children aged between 6-18 within the Tuscany and Emilia Romagna regions.
You will be required to have strong English speaking and writing skills as this role will predominantly be sales and marketing based. This role requires administrative support and a great deal of translation for communicating between schools, staff, pupils their and families when the courses start
You must have an advanced level of English AND be fluent in the Italian language to Mother tongue standard. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK ITALIAN. It is essential that you have strong organisational skills, are highly motivated, can work independently as well as in a team and be passionate about enhancing the English language development of young people. You must also have a confident and outgoing personality as you will be required to promote the company’s courses by co-delivering presentations and meeting clients and customers face to face.
Your role will be to work closely with the company Manager to carry out targeted sales and marketing strategies, developing the company’s client base and promoting the courses through direct communication – telephone, e-mail and face to face meetings. Full training will be given.
· To be a strong, all-round, professional representative for the company.
· Help to update the company's database in accordance with EU regulations.
· Contact schools – current contacts and new ones with the aim of signing them up for the 2020 courses.
· Update contracts – translate and ensure all points within are still conforming to current legislation.
· Create and update course description translations for all marketing applications.
· Manage and maintain the company’s social media presence - including existing and new social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) ensuring that the right content is distributed through the most appropriate mediums for the Italian markets.
· Increase online presence in Italy by identifying new online opportunities, engage new customers and help implement the courses in their establishments.
· To assist in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required.
The Ideal candidate
· This role would suit a graduate or a final-year undergraduate nearing completion of your studies of an international marketing, business or English language degree.
· Excellent command/ highly proficient in both English and Italian. The ideal student is required to be equivalent to a native mother tongue level in both their speaking and writing skills.
· Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality.
· Must have a confident telephone manner, ability to use own initiative, be quick thinking when problem-solving, have a creative flair within their work, and possess strong communication skills.
· Should possess good computer skills and be willing to work on Macs. The company also requires the student to be able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programmes.
· E-mail marketing experience would be desirable, but training will be given.
· Previous work experience is essential.
· Previous sales and marketing experience are desirable, but training will be given.
· Must be happy to spend some time working in Italy - translating during presentations and meetings.
· Please state on your covering letter if you drive in Italy - THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR THE POSITION BUT WOULD BE USEFUL