We are looking for a Junior Digital Marketing Specialist to join our team! [January-June 2021]
Lexxion is a dynamic legal publisher based in Berlin, with a strong focus on areas of European law and policy. Our core areas of competences include EU competition, data protection, substances and environmental law, as well as exciting new projects in emerging technologies and digitalisation. In all these fields Lexxion publishes journals, books and blogs, and hosts conferences, trainings and seminars for legal professionals, academics and policy makers. Through our various knowledge platforms, we work with the thought leaders in these legal fields and help provide an expert, unbiased analysis that can shape the future of Europe.
For further information about Lexxion, including its full presentation, publications catalogue and list of events, see: www.lexxion.eu.
Lexxion is offering the following 6-month, full-time traineeship (40 hrs/week; English/German) in its Berlin team:
Junior Digital Marketing Specialist
Overview of role
As Digital Marketing trainee your main tasks include:
- Implement and report on online marketing and product campaigns within Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn Advertising, etc. under the directions of the Digital Marketing Manager;
- Stay up to date of new developments in social media and online marketing, proactively exploring new channels and adapting to changes;
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager in measuring, analysing, testing and developing data-driven campaigns, ads, landing pages, etc. to increase traffic/efficiency;
- Draft and/or post communication materials on multiple social media channels;
- Network and partner up with other relevant online channels such as blogs, industry websites etc;
- Execute Lexxion’s PPC, SEO and Social strategies to drive online traffic to the company’s websites and increase sales in its web shop;
- Support the Marketing team in boosting the online brand recognition of Lexxion, its publications and events;
- Collaborate closely with the editorial, conference and IT departments;
- Create and implement outreach and business development initiatives to enhance the visibility of both journals and events.
- Keen interest or academic background in social media and digital marketing;
- You are interested in interpreting numbers and data, and presenting them clearly;
- You have a strong affinity to online technology and are able to adapt to its changes;
- You are excellent at planning and organising your work;
- You have good people skills and feel confident working together with experts;
- You have attention for detail but also an affinity to big-picture, strategic thinking;
- A thorough command of written and spoken English and preferably also German;
- Familiarity or interest in the academic or legal practice worlds would be a plus;
- A background in graphic design and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite are a significant advantage.
Lexxion offers to the successful applicant the chance to:
- Expand your network - opportunity to work closely with leading experts from: EU institutions and agencies, top-tier law firms, major companies, international legal academics and professionals;
- Gain extensive work experience in a dynamic publishing house with an international reach;
- Professional environment that supports self-initiative and learning – flat hierarchy and freedom to turn your ideas into reality, guidance by senior Digital Marketing Manager;
- Work in a young, international team; both English and German are accepted as working languages in our office;
- Attractive location in Berlin, Germany – a vibrant, international city, consistently rated among the top in the world for quality of life;
- 6 months paid traineeship.
Please address any inquiring and expression of interests (complete with a brief CV, motivation letter) at [email protected].
To be eligible for the Erasmus grant, an internship must be a mandatory part of your degree programme.
The starting date for the successful applicant is 1 July 2021 but a different arrangement could be negotiated.