Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference?
If you join our growing global team, you’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents. You will work with some of the leading world brands and would be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionizing cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognized for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realize your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
The primary responsibility of our Global Network Operations Support Engineers is to ensure that our client IT infrastructure and systems remain operational. Proactively identifying, investigating and resolving 1st line technical incidents, requests and problems and restore services.
What you'll be doing
- Resolving incidents
- Implementation of simple changes
- Implementation of standard service requests
- Ticket forwarding to appropriate resolver group (LNS team, server operations Team, Helpdesk, WAN provider)
- Acceptance of requests by phone and opening ticket for correct resolution group accordingly
- Check tickets returned from WAN provider as resolved for completeness of solution description (if not complete return back to WAN provider)
- Automated deployment of configurations via existing scripts
- "Endkontrolle" (complete check everything works again) end ensuring all components and services are up and running after incident resolution and change execution
- Updating CMDB content
- Updating documentation ("Kontrollpläne", operations manual, SOPs, network plans, Wiki entries, solution database, …)
- Opening tickets manually based on monitoring events that did not create a ticket automatically
- Coordination and support of LNS staff
- User communication (call acceptance, status requests, collecting solution confirmation, …)
- Cooperation in small projects, potentially also in LNS sites
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- We are looking for a junior network engineer with knowledge of Cisco technologies. Experience with HP and Aruba technologies is a big advantage.
- Working experience with Cisco technologies
- Good level of English is a must
- German language would be an asset
- willingness to work 24x7 (nights, weekends, public holidays => shift rotation)
- IPv4 / IPv6
- WAN technology
- Industrial WLAN
- Network management (SNMP)
- AAA Protocols und Apps
- LDAP(S), RSA, SecureID, Active Directory
We provide nice benefits!
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today.
Diversity in Dimension Data/ NTT
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.ly