Job ID: PAL003897
About UsFind what drives you on a team with a 70+ year history of being recognized for discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Whether your interests lie in Life Sciences, Aerospace, Microelectronics or Food & Beverage, you’ll find a rewarding role here. Our career opportunities are as diverse as our products and they are all focused on creating better lives and a better planet. At Pall, we believe that innovation is our legacy, our privilege, and our destiny. If that resonates with you, join us! To learn more about Pall, please visit https://www.pall.com/en/about-pall.html.
The successful candidate will join the Laboratory R&D team at Pall Harbourgate, Portsmouth UK for 12 months. The group’s focus is on new product development for Molecular and Cellular biology workflows. The internship will allow the candidate to implement engineering knowledge and skills to assist the project teams in developing exciting new products. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to all active projects.
Main duties include:
- Generating and interpreting results.
- Writing technical reports and presentations.
- Prototype product design and manufacture.
- Ordering engineering consumables and monitoring inventory.
- Coordinate schedule with team members and provide support when required.
- CAD support for Project Managers (training provided).
- Assist with Voice of Customer interviews within the UK occasionally.
- You are working towards a degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Penultimate or final year of your degree (Bachelors or Masters).
- Passion for research and development with the curiosity for leading technologies in the laboratory industry.
- Plan and manage own workload to agreed deadlines.
- Takes a considered and logical approach to problem solving.
- Remains calm and organised under pressure.
- Comfortable changing plans to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and drive for continuous improvement.
- Able to apply a working knowledge of engineering principles.
- Written and verbal communication.