Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your language skills? Are you fluent in French, Spanish, German or Italian? If you have a background in linguistics, translation or writing, and a passion for education, this is for you! We’re looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who is interested in developing content for various language projects. This position is voluntary and offers university credit, suiting individuals seeking high responsibility work experience or those able to obtain Erasmus grants. We can accommodate travel expenses within the UK if necessary.
Who we are
Learning Labs is a start-up education technology company based at Birmingham Science Park. We’re a passionate team keen on supporting language learners from across the globe. Our mission is to develop resources that help make language learning more fun and engaging. To find out more about the Learning Labs mantra, head over to our websites www.learning-labs.co.uk and www.flashacademy.com.
As a Language Content Intern, you will support the Content team to enhance FlashAcademy’s digital and physical content. The role will involve working creatively to develop a wide range of content types for the FlashAcademy app, FlashAcademy web content and social media platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the Content team and other teams to support the production of digital and physical content
- Translate content such as lessons and downloadable resources into your native language
- Record audio and video content in your home language to be featured in the app
- Contribute to marketing campaigns such as creating social media posts
- Research and develop current and potential digital content for projects including grammar videos or culture tips
The person will:
- Enjoy writing
- Be able to think creatively
- Be passionate about languages and learning
- Be interested in the education sector and technology
- Native French, Spanish, German or Italian speaker
- At least C2 level in English
- Confident in grammar of native language and English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge of other foreign languages
- Translation experience
- Experience of working in a school
If you are keen to take on a new challenge and gain valuable work experience, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. Internships are available for a duration of 3-6 months, with a flexible start date.