We are looking for budding linguists and legal minds to be part of our ‘Language of Law’ internship programme.
As part of the programme, you will get to learn about legal processes and have a true experience of life within a law firm while also having a massive impact on Central and Eastern European communities living in the UK who have been injured in accidents.
Your main tasks will be to build and maintain language-specific services and tools in your native language.
You will gain a great deal of experience not only in the legal process by speaking to clients to start claims and assist with legal matters, but also in translation by translating relevant news stories for our audience, interpretation when offering clients updates on their cases, and in how the language or national communities interact with each other by helping build a network of native speakers that may require our services.
We are looking for interns whose native language is either Polish, Romanian, or Slovakian. We accept internships that have a minimum duration of four months and maximum of up to a year.
Key skills required:
- Good communication skills / comfortable on the phone
- Familiar with using popular social networks
- Capable of working both independently and as a team across multiple departments
- Good initiative and self-starter
- Confidence in translating from English to your native language
- Confidence in understanding reports and comments and interpreting those to speakers of your native language
To apply, please provide a CV and cover letter along with when you can start and for how long (the information provided is not fixed and can be changed to suit if appropriate).
Compensation: Financial compensation given
Languages: English B2, and one of either Polish, Romanian, or Slovakian at C2