Duration: 2 monthsCommitment: 3-4 days per week2020-2021Description:
Are you a recent graduate or last-year university student looking for a professional experience abroad? If you are thinking about a year in Catalonia, Spain and you are interested in a teaching career, at Cal·lípolis Vocational School (Tarragona) we offer you the opportunity to come to our school for your Erasmus+ placement.
You will be working as an English Language Assistant in our Vocational School for students aged + 16. Institut Cal·lípolis is a specific public centre for vocational training, located on the campus of the Complex Educatiu de Tarragona, which provides 19 different qualifications for the branches of Health, Beauty and Sports. It is considered a centre of reference in Catalonia and it currently has more than 1400 students enrolled and 96 teachers.
The length of the stay can be from 10 weeks to 8 months (1st October 2020-30th May 2021). The Language assistant usually works as a maximum of 15 hours per week with 1 or 2 days off.
- Good command of English (B2-C1 in European Framework).
- Recent graduates or last-year university students.
- No previous teaching experience needed as you will support teachers in their lessons.
- Someone who enjoys working with young people, passion for teaching and languages.
- Energetic and creative.
- Competence in the Catalan or Spanish Language is not required.
- No criminal records.
The role of a Language assistant:
- Support teachers in their lessons.
- Help students with conversation practice by encouraging them.
- Act as a role model for correct pronunciation.
- Collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
- Explain the culture of your own country.
- Help in carrying out activities and projects with CLIL methodology.
- Involvement in the Erasmus+ Projects.
- Participation in other activities.
We can adjust the start and end dates, as well as the duration of the internship to your University's term dates. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
We also offer:
- Help in finding accommodation.
- Support with the paperwork.
- Manage your Erasmus+ grant.
Non-financial compensation, students should apply for an Erasmus+ grant.
Compensation: No financial compensation