We are looking for a mechanical engineer to help develop our MetalMaker System for producing custom metal parts. The engineer will be involved in machine design, 3D printing, prototyping, testing, and iterating. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Designing parts using Autodesk Inventor CAD software (improving digital skills).
- Manufacturing parts using CAM software for 3D printing and CNC milling.
- Preparing molds for metal casting and post-processing of finished castings.
- Sourcing off-the-shelf components and custom parts from manufacturers.
- Prototyping, testing, debugging, and iterating the system.
- Knowledge of CAD software (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, Catia, etc.).
- Experience designing mechanical parts.
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with design-for-manufacturing principles (3D printing, casting, CNC machining, etc).
- Experience designing complex parts using Autodesk Inventor CAD software with good design practice.
- Experience using workshop tools (drill press, band saw, etc.).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Unique internship experience in the heart of Krakow, Poland.
- Hands-on work developing an interesting and innovative product.
- Work independently on a variety of tasks in a startup environment.
- Semi-flexible work hours with an accessible facility location.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a cover letter explaining why they are excited about this internship opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for Mechanical Engineer Internship at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are happy to consider motivated engineering students studying mechanical, manufacturing, or other related fields.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is an advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are developing a compact, affordable, and intuitive foundry system for making cast metal parts with the dimensional and material properties of industrial castings.
Our MetalMaker System will allow engineers, professionals, and small businesses to produce prototypes and production runs of cast metal parts. By integrating metal casting with 3D printing, we are able to provide an agile process workflow that will disrupt the metal casting and additive manufacturing industries.