We are looking for a mechatronics engineer to help develop our MetalMaker System for producing custom metal parts. The engineer will be involved in circuit design, microcontroller programming, hardware/software development, prototyping, testing, and iterating. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about our product, our mission, and changing the world!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Programming a touch screen user interface for the Raspberry Pi controller.
- Programming various electronic components (microcontrollers, sensors, motors, actuators, etc.) and integrating them with the Raspberry Pi and the workflow in the user interface.
- Designing and manufacturing a PCB to connect all of the electronics.
- Sourcing off-the-shelf components and custom parts from manufacturers.
- Prototyping, testing, debugging, and iterating the system.
- Knowledge of electronics (circuits, sensors, actuators, touch screens, etc.).
- Experience programming microcontrollers (Raspberry Pi, STM32, etc.).
- Experience with programming languages (i.e. Python, C, etc.).
- Experience designing circuits and electronic systems.
- Able to work and solve problems independently.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, ambitious, and motivated.
- Capable of working and communicating in English.
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing, prototyping, operating, and/or programming automated systems (3D printers, CNC machines, RC drones, robots, etc.).
- Experience designing parts using CAD software (preferably Inventor) with good design practice.
- Experience using PCB design software (preferably Fusion 360 - Eagle).
- Experience manufacturing custom circuit boards.
- Unique internship experience in the heart of Krakow, Poland.
- Hands-on work developing an interesting and innovative product.
- Work independently on a variety of tasks in a startup environment.
- Semi-flexible work hours with an accessible facility location.
Interested candidates should send in their CV along with a personal introduction explaining why they are excited about this internship opportunity.
Email info[at]metalmaker3d(dot)com with the title: "Applying for Mechatronics Engineer Internship role at MetalMaker 3D".
Please attach the below clause to your application: "I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process in MetalMaker 3D Sp. z. o. o. under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
We are happy to consider motivated university students studying mechanical, electrical, software, automation, and robotics engineering or computer science for internships to work on this project.
About MetalMaker 3D:
MetalMaker 3D is an advanced manufacturing tech startup with venture capital funding from Techstars and Stanley Black & Decker. We are developing a compact, affordable, and intuitive foundry system for making cast metal parts with the dimensional and material properties of industrial castings.
Our MetalMaker System will allow engineers, professionals, and small businesses to produce prototypes and production runs of cast metal parts. By integrating metal casting with 3D printing, we are able to provide an agile process workflow that will disrupt the metal casting and additive manufacturing industries.
We are now searching for engineers to develop our team in Kraków, Poland.