Our mission: enhance European Cultural Heritage professions as an asset for European social cohesion, economic development, and cultural identity.
Company short introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company based in Brussels supporting European professions in cultural Heritage (restoration-conservation, fine and traditional crafts) as an asset for European Economy, Culture and Identity. Our aim is to use innovative tools and solutions to bring growth and position these professions as a valid option and business opportunity for next generations. Our main actions are:
- Connect European professionals in fine/traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals.
- Raise awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy, and society.
- Support transmission of know-how, capacity building and mobility in the sector.
- Develop a large network of collaborations with other European stakeholders (Historic Houses associations, Foundations, Architects, members of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Heritage Alliance 3.3, European Commission) to develop synergies, merge resources and get funding.
Internship proposal. The intern will write articles on cultural heritage topics, on specific crafts professions, interview craftsmen and other stakeholders of the sector, collect images and any other documents to disseminate information about crafts professions, their history, their territorial roots… and contribute to create awareness about the importance of these professions for our future cultural heritage as well as for European identity, economy, and social cohesion.
The intern should be able to write in English, French, Italian or Spanish and possibly translate into one or more of these languages.
He/she will be required to demonstrate interest for Cultural Heritage and craftsmanship, be creative and curious enough to find high level information all over Europe.
Very good writing skills are also required.
The company location is Brussels but the internship can be partially done in remote working. Mad’in Europe cannot pay for internships. Therefore, for non-remote internship, when possible, students are invited to apply for Erasmus + programs to cover their mobility fees.
Description of the tasks in which interns will be involved.
One of the objectives of Mad’in Europe is to create awareness about crafts profession among the public with a special focus on young generations.
The intern will be involved in the following actions:
- Writing and proofreading contents for Madineurope website (history of crafts, craftsmen portraits, interviews, territorial specificities in the area of traditional crafts and cultural heritage, techniques, materials….)
- Translating article into some of the other languages used by Mad’in Europe.
- Disseminating contents and stories through social networks, newsletter.
- Contributing to develop the relationship with other European media.
- Building an effective communication strategy with the other members of the team.
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
- Interest for the cultural Heritage / craftsmanship sector.
- Very good writing skills.
- Excellent mastering of English (C1 – C2) and at least one of the following languages French/Spanish/Italian (being native speaker would be an asset);
- Skills in communication, marketing & media.
- Autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives and milestones according to his/her capacities, and to company priorities.