Our mission: enhance European Cultural Heritage professions as an asset for European social cohesion, economic development and cultural identity.
Contact: Madina Benvenuti – [email protected] – Tel: +32 475 83 74 88
Internship available for 4 months minimum
Company short introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company based in Brussels supporting European professions in cultural Heritage (restoration-conservation, fine and traditional crafts) as an asset for European Economy, Culture and Identity. Our aim is to use innovative tools and solutions to bring growth and position these professions as a valid option and business opportunity for next generations. Our main actions are:
- Connect European professionals in fine/traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals.
- Raise awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy, and society.
- Support transmission of know-how, capacity building and mobility in the sector;
- Develop a large network of collaborations with other European stakeholders (Historic Houses associations, Foundations, Architects, members of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Heritage Alliance 3.3, European Commission) to develop synergies, merge resources and get funding.
Internship proposal. The intern will work with Mad’in Europe’s manager, Madina Benvenuti. Interns are required to be multitask and are directly involved in writing, translating and disseminating contents related to traditional crafts and to other cultural heritage related topics. He/she will be required to demonstrate personal commitment, creativity, excellent communication capacities, curiosity and excellent level in English and in at least one of the following languages : French, Spanish and Italian
The company location is Brussels. However, considering COVID related restrictions, the internship can be organized in remote, which requires even more motivation, commitment, and organisational skills from the students.
Mad’in Europe cannot pay for internships. Therefore, for non-remote internship, when possible, students are invited to apply for Erasmus + programs to cover their mobility fees.
Description of the tasks in which interns will be involved
Mad’in Europe objective for the next year is to find solutions to scale-up from its actual size.
Students will work at the development and implementation of the growth strategy.
According to his/her skills, interns will be involved in some of the following actions:
- Writing and proofreading contents for Madineurope website (history of crafts, craftsmen portraits, interviews, territorial specificities in the area of traditional crafts and cultural heritage, techniques, materials….)
- Creating and disseminating stories to promote activities of craftsman and Madineurope.
- Translation for projects such as fundraising presentations, European calls (ie Erasmus Projects , Creative Europe…).
- Contribute to enrich the content of the portal (editorials, interviews of craftsmen, technical information on specific crafts…). Content can be either written internally or by our partners;
- Quality control and revision of external communication content, including answers to craftsman questions etc.
- Building an effective communication with members of the portal.
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
- Interest for the cultural Heritage Business Sector;
- Very good linguistic skills
- Excellent mastering of English (C1 – C2) and at least one of the following languages French/Spanish/Italian (being native speaker would be an asset);
- Skills in communication, marketing & media;
- Perfect content writing skills (articles, presentations…);
- Autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach;
The trainee will define reasonable objectives according to his/her capacities, internship time and company priorities, will fix milestones and focus on their achievements.