We are looking for candidates eager to gain experience as guide and educator in our Museum, in order to facilitate the learning experience to students and adults.
As museum educator & guide it's your responsibility to engage the public. To do this, you'll need to:
- run guided tours within the museum
- develop activities and workshops around particular artworks, exhibitions or in response to particular themes or days
- liaise with schools, colleges and teachers to promote the use of the collections and activities of the museum
- create and develop educational resources for visitors, schools, families and special interest groups
- deliver talks, workshops and activities in partnership with storytellers, craftspeople and artists
- develop museum paths and exhibitions that fire the imaginations of young visitors.
You'll need to have:
- educational background in history, art and cultural heritage or related disciplines
- Experience in managing educational activities with children and teenagers
- Creativity to develop new art initiatives and workshops
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with visitors of different ages, interests, and backgrounds.
- self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as the Internet for research.
- Proficiency with digital technology and social media, mobile devices and other relevant media.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You'll typically work 20 /22 hours per week, with flexible shifts of 3-4 hours per day.
- Great opportunity to gain experience in the cultural field
- A friendly and dynamic environment valorizing initiative and creativity.
- Assisting you with finding accomodation in Rossano.
ONLY candidates with the mentioned skills will be selected and contacted for a video interview.