We are looking for students or recent graduates eager to gain experience as assistant in a Museum famous because guarding a manuscript considered as one of the most precious in the world, inscribed by the Unesco in the "Memory of the World" list in 2015.
The candidate will support the museum staff in various activities such as:
- managing the museum during opening hours
- staffing the ticket office, bookshop and other facilities
- assisting visitors;
- run guided tours within the museum in english and native language
- supporting educational activities, presentations and workshops,
- translating, brochures, catalogues and museum information in native language
- create and develop educational resources for visitors, schools, families and special interest groups
- collaborating in the organitazion of events as seminars, conferences, exhibition.
You'll need to have:
- educational background in history, art and cultural heritage or related disciplines
- Experience in managing educational activities with children and teenagers
- Creativity to develop new art initiatives and workshops
- Strong ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with visitors of different ages, interests, and backgrounds.
- self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as the Internet for research.
- Proficiency with digital technology and social media, mobile devices and other relevant media.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You'll typically work 22 hours per week, with flexible shifts of 3-4 hours per day.
- Great opportunity to gain experience in the cultural field
- A friendly and dynamic environment valorizing initiative and creativity.
- Assisting you with finding accomodation in Rossano.
IN CASE OF APPLICATION:
send your cv and motivational letter to [email protected] indicating:
- preferred period
- length of internship availability
- university deadline for erasmus traineeship application.
Before sending your application, please check in advance with the Erasmus Office of your university condition, requirements and financial support
ONLY candidates with the mentioned skills will be selected and contacted for a video interview.