We are looking for English language assistant for a language academy in La Palma del Condado, Huelva, Spain from the 8th of January 2021 until the 31st of May 2021
Who is a language assistant
Language assistant is somebody with a native or fluent proficiency level in one of the required languages. Assistant teachers are normally university or graduate students who assist the teacher at the classroom, have experience with kids and good communication skills. Assistant teachers can work in all education stages: kindergarten, primary, secondary education, vocational training and adult education.
Role of language teaching assistants
- working alongside a teacher in the classroom,
- working with small groups to introduce basic language skills, improve linguistic ability with a focus on oral skills,
- helping to prepare pupils for oral examinations,
- contributing to cross-curricular work in collaboration with other subject areas,
- developing lesson plans and extra curricular activities, f.e. theatre club, cooking club, dance club (using the target language as a vehicle of communication),
- supporting the creation and development of international projects.
Duration of our internships
5 months (matter of discussion)
Monday to Friday
- advanced level of English (min. C1)
- good communication skills,
- energetic and proactive attitude,
- cultural awareness,
- legal right to work in Spain.
What we offer
- amazing opportunity to learn and develop your teaching career,
- a mentor who will be in charge of guiding and supervising your performance and learning during the entire internship,
- monthly salary (500 eur net/month),
- free lunch,
- health insurance,
- free Spanish classes,
- free enrolment into the University online course about teaching techniques,
- possibility to sign an university agreement (Erasmus+).
The internships start on the 8th of January 2020. No remote work.
Spanish language NOT required.
How to apply
Please apply via erasmusintern.org
All current vacancies can be found here.