Labora is looking for a papermaking and graphic design intern for 3-8 months during the period of September 2024 - May 2025! September is the ideal starting date but we are flexible.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are excited to learn about papermaking and letterpress printing.
- You are a creative graphic designer (or working hard on becoming one).
- You are responsible, independent and self-organised.
- You are flexible and willing to deal with routine work and everyday tasks that come up - the big, the small, the unexpected.
- You speak English on a communicative level and you can overcome language and cultural barriers.
- You are willing to come for at least 3 months. We prefer interns that want to come for a longer period. Please check the funding possibilities with your university!
- You must have your own laptop with graphic design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) to be able to work independently.
- If you have photo and video editing skills.
- If you are competent and interested in social media marketing
What we offer:
- To teach you about the work process in a small papermaking and letterpress printing company, from dealing with clients, to printing and delivering orders.
- To teach you about letterpress printing, papermaking and calligraphy - to the extent of your interest.
- To give you time to develop your own art project, using the facilities of our workshops.
- If you do your internship in the months of October - May, you can join our Calligraphy School's evening courses for free.
- Simple lunch at work for free.
Please send us your portfolio, CV and motivation letter. Please make sure your e-mail address is included!
We will contact the selected applicants for a video interview.
PS: If you want to come, your best chance is that you send us a direct e-mail ([email protected]) with your portfolio, CV and motivation letter included. We look forward to hearing from you!