The Catalyst 2030 movement was initiated by leading social entrepreneurs from Ashoka, Echoing Green, the Schwab Foundation, the Skoll Foundation and other global networks of social entrepreneurs. Research carried out the Social Progress Imperative shows that at the current pace of progress, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be achieved in 2074. Catalyst 2030 believes that with collaboration this pace can be greatly accelerated, thus this network was initiated by around 100 of the most influential organisations and innovative social entrepreneurs and their associates to join forces to create more impact in a shorter time scale.
In brief, the movement is operating on every level: local/national, regional and global. It aims at strengthening the collaboration across civil society, multilateral organisations, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, impact investors and governments. The goal is scaling up already existing, proven, successful solutions for systemic change and thus accelerating the impact that will help us reach the SDGs by 2030.
We are currently recruiting for interns to help coordinating a variety of initiatives that are commencing around the World as part of this movement. Catalyst 2030 offers the Intern the opportunity to work with young people from various countries, and to challenge themselves within the context of a vibrant and growing organisation.
The Partnerships & Issue-based Advocacy Team is responsible for facilitating member activity to drive policy and advocacy shifts that enable structural and systemic change. It also facilitates partnerships with external organisations to leverage that change. Our work is driven, in large part by the Issue-based Groups (IBGs) that we coordinate and support. These are led by our members.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Supporting the development of the IBGs with administrative tasks like: taking minutes at meetings, scheduling meetings, maintaining our community platform Zoho to engage and inform members
● Leading the onboarding of new Groups - following our checklist process
● Helping to grow the Groups through member mapping and also identifying possible new members to bring into the Groups
● Conducting outreach to new members
● Supporting our global members by responding to information requests and sign-posting them to opportunities across the community
● Identifying gaps in member experience or focus areas to broaden the scope and ensure inclusivity within the Groups and in the network - we may need a new Group!
● Identifying thought leaders from within and outside of our community to showcase complex issues at our monthly events.
● Working with other teams across the secretariat.
Requirements and Skills:
● An active interest in global issues and challenges, their complexity and nuance.
● Being able to join the dots on how issues intersect and work together, it’s a complex world!
● Proactive in seeking out solutions and pre-empting challenges
● Ability to work in a multicultural and global environment and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
● Great verbal and written communication skills
● Interest in data visualisation and how to map complex ecosystems
● Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; across time zones
● Attention to detail, we’ll notice!
● Desire to work collaboratively, we’re a team!
● Sense of humour; the issues are big but we have fun
● Willingness to learn from experiences, positive as well as challenging.
● Fluency in English; other languages would be an asset e.g. Spanish, French.
● Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required
● Finalising or towards the end of your studies, with a strong interest in the SDG’s sustainability, systemic change and social entrepreneurship
● Preferably available immediately, full time for a minimum of six months
● If you like yoga and/ or a G&T...you’re in!
● The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic team in a fast-paced global environment
● On-the-job training opportunities
● No remuneration costs available
How to apply?
To apply, please email your CV and letter of motivation in English to Yvonne Moholt at [email protected]
Due to the current situation of COVID-19 the internship will be remotely