Celignis is a pioneering SME that is highly active in the bioeconomy. We develop highly innovative processes that help to reduce the world's reliance on fossil fuels and unsustainable approaches. These approaches focus on the use of biomass, and residues/wastes from other processes, to satisfy the energy, chemical, and product needs of the 21st century.
Central to Celignis's growth is our Chief Innovation Officer Lalitha Gottumukkala (www.celignis.com/lalitha.php). She has led the development of innovations at Celignis and has transformed the company to being a centre of excellence for innovation and sustainable business devleopment. She has a myriad of important responsibilities at Celignis, including:
- Development of collaborative research projects, including a number of high-profile EU Horizon 2020 projects.
- Management of Celignis laboratory analysts where they are developing innovative processes or analysis methods.
- Review of the business and intellectual property landscape for proposed innovations.
- Survey of potential business clients for Celignis's bioprocess development services (BDS) and analysis services.
- Review of analytical and process development data and design/adapatation of experimental methodologies.
Celignis is looking for an enthusiastic intern, that shares Lalitha's passion for the bioeconomy and scientific and technological innovation, to assist Lalitha in the management and implementation of her day to day activities and her time/person management. Tasks to be undertaken by the intern may include:
- Planning and organizing meetings and events.
- Reviewing patents and scientific papers related to potential innovations at Celignis.
- Answering calls and liaising with clients competently.
- Reading, monitoring and responding to the manager's email.
- Preparing papers for meetings and Zoom/Teams conference calls.
- Enterning and reviewing data collected by lab analysts assigned to undertaking Lalitha's analytical activities.
- Full diary management and inbox management.
- Carry out social media management, sales and marketing, and digital PR duties as and when required.
Please note that we are not able to provide any financial support for this internship.