EHPA is looking for a Policy Assistant to strengthen its policy department.
EHPA actively monitors all (thermal) energy-related policy dossiers and evaluates their impact on the heat pump industry.
As a policy assistant you will contribute to this process by continuously updating EHPAs understanding of the dossiers at hand and by communicating our positions to members and other stakeholders alike.
You will assist the team to
- monitor of the European Union’s climate and energy policies
- work on the compilation of EHPAs positions towards specific dossiers including an active exchange with EHPA members to understand and integrate their concerns
- shape advocacy and campaigning strategies towards EU decision-makers (in collaboration with EHPAs communications department)
- update the website, internal news covering relevant policy development
- coordinate of the work of the Advocacy and communications committee and contribute to other internal groups when necessary
- University Master’s Degree in a relevant field: international affairs, Policies etc.
- Knowledge of how EU institutions work
- Strong interest in renewable energy and environmental issues and willingness to lobby for green energy in Europe.
- Ability to take initiatives, creativity, communicative personality
- Good organisation skills
- IT skills: you know or are willing to learn fast to use a CMS (typo3)
- Excellent writing and authoring skills
- Proficiency in English
EHPA company culture
EHPA is a Brussels based association working on green matters and energy. The team consists of around 10 (young) people with a strong team spirit and a very entrepreneurial-minded culture. We value initiative, independence and results. We believe that we strive for success not by trying but by doing. You will be directly immersed in the EU bubble work, will get insight on EU policies on Energy and will benefit from the experience of 2 policy officers.
We usually hire interns for 6 to 12 months as full time (negotiable)