Programme Assistant, Erasmus+ Funded Brussels Trainee | Women Political Leaders (WPL) Brussels Office
The Women Political Leaders (WPL) is on the lookout for talented and motivated interns for its Brussels Office. WPL internships generally last four to six months and are either part of a university or graduate coursework, or Erasmus+ funded. An internship agreement from the student’s school must be provided.
Candidates must be eligible for Erasmus + program funding, or other similar grants. Learn more about this European Commission funding opportunity here (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm).
It is the candidate's responsibility to inquire with their university regarding eligibility prior to applying for the position. WPL does not bear any responsibility in initiating the Erasmus + funding procedure.
- In the process of or having completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in French is desired and other major international languages are an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU institutions, current affairs and international relations.
- Ability to use IT tools and softwares such as the Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Outlook…). Knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
- Excellent writing skills.
Overall, successful candidates should seek to demonstrate:
- Proactivity – a ‘doer’ capable of driving projects in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with shifting priorities and occasional heavy workloads.
- A firm commitment to female leadership.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member of a multicultural and multilingual team
- Excellent writing skills.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Support to transnational project management alongside European community and institutions, and international organizations (i.e. OECD; UN; World Economic Forum).
- Support to programme and event management: research, drafting invitations and briefings, logistical planning.
- Support to knowledge management: collection of monitoring data, events follow up.
- Support to communications activities: drafting of newsletter, drafting of social media messages, design and layout.
- Administrative support: Database management, office management.
Duration and Format
- Start of the traineeship: August/September 2020
- Full-time work, 38 hours per week: 9am-6pm Mondays to Fridays
- 4-month traineeship minimum
How to Apply
Candidates should send an email entitled BRUSSELS INTERN APPLICATION to [email protected] with a CV and letter of motivation (each no more than one page of A4), including the earliest availability to start. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
Please note that an internship agreement with a University/Erasmus+ or any other institutions is required.