International Youth Activities Center Association (IYACA - http://www.iyaca.org/) is looking for a person passionate of project management interested to improve her/his knowledge in the field of project writing and implementation, youth empowement and active citizenship, also to contribute to our NGO with innovation and creativity regarding our activities and projects. We believe that great opportunities exist when individuals are given the support to create their own change. IYACA works directly with ESC and local volunteers who share similar ideas towards sustainable youth empowerment, opprtunities and active citizenship. Also we are interested in providing capacity building support and networking at nantional and international level for NGOs and workers in the field.
Who are you?
We want your creativity, critic opinion and analytical skills.
- You are a fun, energetic, creative person who wants to assist IYACA in making the youth world happier, more involved and proactive.
- You know how to tell a story and the power of change effective communications can have.
- You are a collaborator that can take a project from start to finish, independently.
- You are avle to voice your opinion and back it up with rational evidence.
Position responsabilities you will work wirh IYACA team in Ankara to provide assistance in development of promotion and selection of the soon to be announced IYACA projects.
Specific responsabilities include the following:
- Support communication efforts in promoting IYACA at local and international level;
- Support in overseeing online communications on IYACA website and social media;
- Assist in facilitating in the call for application of IYACA projects;
- Contribute in screening the applications and selection process of IYACA projects.
Qualifications and characteristics
- Current bachelor/ masters student or recent graduate in the areas of communication, international development, youth work and social sciences. Other academic backgrounds with interest in youth empowement and/or active citizenship are welcome;
- Fluent in English skills, knowledge in Turkish language is an asset;
- Strong communication skills, proficinet in online communication channels e.g. website/blogs, facebook, twitter, linkedin or youtube;
- Possess analytical skills and sound judgement, innovative, energetic and commitment to task assigned;
- Experience with video editing and design software would be advantageous.