We are a small, digital marketing agency based in Tallinn, The Sophisticated Geek OÜ. Currently, we are looking for Public Relations Manager for 6-12 months (ideally from February on) to assist with the creation of a string of EU-themed, artistic live events.
The position has a flexible schedule in case you continue to take (some) remote classes, and your work can be done entirely from home (which is very common in Estonia).
To communicate the purposes and philosophy of the organization to the community-at-large and, specifically, to potential clients, employees, volunteers and donors, by making effective use of a variety of approaches.
- Works with the CEO to perfect a vision statement defining the purposes and philosophy of the organization.
- Works with the Director to develop a strategic long-range plan consistent with the vision statement. Analyzes appropriate ways to bring this message to the various target groups.
- Plans effective use of media through press releases and participation in community activities.
- Sources potential PR opportunities through press request newsletters.
- Contact and liaise with selected outlets using organizations private database of over 1000 connections.
- Updates and maintains our internal media database.
- Prepares written material to support fund-raising efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing in English. German is a plus but not required.
- Good judgment, creativity and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a degree in a related field such as marketing, journalism, communications or English.
- At least 1 year of public relations experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
What do we offer?
This opportunity is unpaid, but we can offer you a unique glimpse into digital entrepreneurship in Estonia. Each one of our interns will receive:
- Help with all onboarding-related issues, like finding a room, setting up contracts, shopping etc. (we can also give recommendations for specific dietary and/or medical needs)
- Free online courses related to your subject
- Mobile phone starter set and monthly credit
- Two free, 1-hour, 1:1 consultancy sessions with our CEO Alexandra, focusing on your own career development and goals
- Free 3-hour Walking Tour of Tallinn (historical and/or entrepreneurship-themed)
--> Students of all backgrounds, orientations, and abilities are cordially welcome to apply.
Please send your CV to: [email protected] (Alexandra Nima)