- Type of project: Thesis/internship (BSc or MSc)
- Starting date: April 2022 (flexible)
- Duration: 4 - 6 months
- Salary: €175/month (except Erasmus participants)
- Location: Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
About the project
During biological wastewater treatment, microorganisms excrete large amounts of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS). These EPS are a mixture of polysaccharides, proteins, and glycoproteins. Aqueous two-phase systems (ATPS) represent a potential technique to fractionate the different types of biopolymer in EPS. It consists of an extraction platform composed of two coexisting aqueous phases. These two immiscible aqueous phases are formed by mixing a pair of water-soluble polymer, inorganic salt and/or ionic liquid (IL) above a certain concentration. For more information, please refer to the attachment
How to apply
- Please indicate your start date availability and duration.
- Please note that Wetsus can only offer internships to EU citizens. Non-EU citizens need to be enrolled at a Dutch university to be eligible for this internship.