Full Time, 6-12 months.
Financial Compensation: None, grant/sponsorship required.
All candidates must be attending a higher education course where internship/placement is requisite for course qualification. A scholarship or grant programme must be in place for the required internship from a relevant programme such as Erasmus, Comenius, Youth in Action or European Community Leonardo da Vinci.
Storm-7 Consulting Limited (Internship located at Halifax Sales and Marketing Office).
We are a financial consultancy company that provides cutting edge financial intelligence and knowledge to leading financial institutions around the world. We deliver premium quality conferences and events on cutting-edge legal and financial issues, and strive to provide access to crucial insight by leading experts on the latest complex regulatory developments.
The Storm-7 Consulting Regulatory Compliance Business Analyst Internship position is intended to develop individuals who are seeking to develop themselves as business analysts working within the banking, financial services, Regulatory Technology (RegTech), and Financial Technology (FinTech) sectors. This is a unique role, which will allow the individual to receive one-on-one training from a world-class regulatory compliance expert. The position will provide the individual with an opportunity to develop expert knowledge and experience of a broad range of regulatory compliance frameworks that few firms in the world can provide. This is a highly challenging role, which requires highly dedicated individuals who are seeking to accelerate their career development.
- Developing a highly comprehensive understanding of multiple regulatory compliance frameworks.
- Developing a highly comprehensive understanding of Front Office and Operations in the banking and financial services sector.
- Development of a highly comprehensive understanding of types of firms operating within the banking, financial services, RegTech, and FinTech sectors.
- Developing regulatory compliance technical briefings.
- Client facing Business Intelligence (BI) reporting.
- Develop an understanding of business processes.
- Undertaking regulatory compliance and business gap analysis.
- Documenting project requirements and translating them into specifications (functional and non-functional) for BI reports and applications.
- Reporting of business requirements.
- Working with business and Information Technology (IT) to identify and create regulatory compliance solutions.
- Presenting to stakeholders and strategic partner firms.
- Project Manager support duties.
- Strategic initiatives and projects industry research.
- Developing project details and requirements.
- Utilising a range of analysis techniques to elicit and present business requirements and potential solutions.
Regulatory Compliance Areas
- Anti-Money Laundering Frameworks.
- Know Your Client Frameworks.
- The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD).
- The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- The Market Abuse Regulation (MAR).
- The Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR).
- The OECD Common Reporting Standard (OECD CRS).
- The revised General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The revised Market Abuse Directive (MAD 2).
- The revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II).
- The revised Payment Services Directive (PSD 2).
Key Skills and Attributes
- Data Analysis Skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA PRIOR TO APPLICATION:
- AN INTERNSHIP IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE AND PERFORM WITHIN A JOB ROLE/FUNCTION WITHIN AN OPERATING COMPANY (IT IS NOT A TRAINING PROGRAMME).
- YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK EFFICIENTLY WITH ALL BASIC OFFICE ENVIRONMENT OPERATIONS AND PROCESSES, I.E. OFFICE BUSINESS APPLICATIONS, EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS, MEDIA PLATFORMS ETC.
- YOU MUST TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE AT A FLUENT LEVEL (MINIMUM C2 LEVEL). THIS ROLE IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRACTICE BASIC ENGLISH, BUT AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS FLUENCY.
- THIS INTERNSHIP IS UNPAID AND YOU WILL NEED TO SECURE AN ERASMUS GRANT/SCHOLARSHIP IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
- THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT THE HALIFAX SALES AND MARKETING OFFICE IN UK.
- THIS ROLE IS IN HIGH DEMAND, SO YOU WILL BE TESTED AT THE END OF THE FIRST MONTH TO CONFIRM WHETHER YOU ARE AT A STANDARD TO PROCEED, AND RECEIVE ADVANCED IMPROVEMENT COACHING.
- WE SUPPORT, PROVIDE FOCUS AND ENHANCE HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND SELF-DRIVEN INDIVIDUALS TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF PERFORMANCE. THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE PROVIDED WITH SOLID INDUSTRY AND COMMERCIAL AWARENESS, AND ADVANCED PREPARATION FOR HIGHER LEVEL ROLES.
- THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE OTHER AVERAGE OFFICE EXPERIENCES. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROACTIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO ALL OFFICE EFFICIENCES AND COMPANY GOALS.
ONLY SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IF YOUR ATTRIBUTES MATCH THE REQUISITE CRITERIA.