Chitkara University is a private no-profit leading state University, located in Punjab, North India. It is a government-recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. In the year 2010, Chitkara University was established by the Punjab State Legislature under “The Chitkara University Act”. The sprawling campus of the University is equidistant from Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ambala and Patiala. As a result of its student-centric approach, Chitkara University is renowned as one of the best private universities in the North India region. It is because of the cumulative effect of an elaborate in-campus academic infrastructure, strong national and international collaborations and a robust on-campus recruitment record that the University finds favor with national as well as international students.
The Chitkara Spaak Centre for Multidisciplinary European Studies is the youngest academic centre dedicated to the study of the European Union in India. The challenge of the Spaak Centre is to bring innovation in academia, leaving aside certain outdated academic practices, conducting experimental activities at national and international level. The Spaak Centre is conceived as a horizontal university department, composed by a team whose main objective is to build solid bridges between India and Europe inspired by current global challenges. The development plan of the Centre is based on three interdependent pillars: teaching, research, and project design. In less than two years, the Centre has attracted approx. 2 millions Erasmus+ grants, and is currently coordinating several multi-stakeholder projects.
Remunerated Internship in a nutshell
Conducting 10 months hands-on vocational training, the mission is to empower young graduates with projects’ design and management skills. The internship program is designed to ensure that the selected talents:
- will not have to invest financial resources;
- will acquire competences which would foster their position in the labor market;
- will enrich their cultural intelligence, acquiring a unique expertise in the Indian academia, the biggest (and most complex) education market in the world.
The selected interns will relocate to Chandigarh for a period of 10 months. In order to maximize your experience, the internship responsibility will have a precise focus: build advanced expertise in project design and management in the framework of the EU programme Erasmus+ and Horizon2020.
More specifically, the task assigned to the interns will include:
- Active participation in theoretical lessons on EU project management and design. If interested, attend lectures on the governance of the European Union;
- Hands-on management: understand – and master – EU-funded projects solving real problems related to projects currently managed at the Spaak Centre.
- Hands-on design: as training activity, design projects’ proposals for different Erasmus+ actions and H2020 Marie Curie applications.
- Bring innovation and energy: be inspired and bring fresh ideas in the work team.
Recently postgraduate in international relations, or in applied social sciences - or comparable field of study.
Please note: (a) postgraduate diploma in European Studies - and/or prior study/working experience in project management/europlanning - are considered an asset. (b) If applicable, in your motivation letter please clearly mention your life/study/work abroad.
Hard and soft skills required:
- Capability to understand and analyze social complex phenomena;
- Ability to deal with tasks which requires basic skills in different social sciences branches.
- Cultural intelligence: capability to adapt to different cultures.
- Curiosity and ambition: willingness to learn new skill, and genuine desire to build a stable and sound career.
- Passion for writing and content editing.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Solid computer literacy (e.g. MS Office).
- Ability to work independently, being a proactive actor in the work floor, give-and-take approach/philosophy.
- Join an academic centre in its start phase: concrete possibility to leave your foot-print and express your talent!
- For international applicant: lump sum financial contribution for the travel (€850) and visa fees (€100). Accommodation in Chandigarh at the University International Guesthouse in double room. Free travel facilities from/to the campus. Breakfast/lunch/dinner covered by the University. Monthly pocket money (INR 12,000/month)
- For your work duties, receive a laptop (on temporary basis) from the University.
- At the end of the 10 month experience: a) receive an official Vocational Diploma in “Europroject management and Design”; b) empower your CV - receive an official letter stating that you have actively worked at the Spaak Centre as Assistant Project Manager; c) in case of outstanding performance – receive a competitive job offer by the University.
- Discover a new country: no country is more interesting than India! Acquiring a unique exposure – and expertise - in one of the key worlds’ booming economy could represent a strategic investment for your future.
- Enjoy flexible office timing and work schedule. We will leave you enough free time to visit the country!
Expected date of joining
March 2020 for a period of 10 months
How to Apply
All interested candidates must submit the (a) updated CV along (B) with a motivation letter clearly explaining why you are interested to join the Spaak Centre. Please note: evaluation of the candidate will be largely based on your motivation letter.
Interested candidates are invited to send the aforementioned documentation at [email protected] before the 7 January, 2020. In the email subject please include the line ‘I am the best candidate for the Spaak Centre”.