We are looking for a fun, smart, ambitious and hardworking Research Assistant to help with the development, launch and refinement of our DNA testing services and supporting app. You will gain knowledge of the genetic testing market, data analysis, and technology. We expect you to have excellent written and oral communication and organisational skills.
What’s a usual day with us
A typical day with us would include supporting the production of speeches, presentations, articles and scientific blogs, as well as conducting research projects and participating in results analyses. You will use different streams/ channels to collect and synthesize target information. You will organise and conduct research on topics related to our products and services and cooperate with various external and internal teams. You will be able to utilise your previous experience and knowledge within the healthcare sector to achieve the KPIs set on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
What are your responsibilities
- Utilise statistical, genetics and Biomedical knowledge to assist the Executive and Medical Directors
- Be able to respond to scientific queries in a timely and organised manner
- Participate in analysis of data and provide solutions in problematic areas
- Correspond with labs the company works with
- You will define the scientific rigorous and technical challenges in delivering translational insights using human genetics and would work in cross-functional teams to develop new solutions
- Define strategies for acquisition and analysis of human genetic and genomic data, interpretation and communication of results.
- Research genome-wide association studies and write up reports for users and professionals
- Be able to prioritise tasks and have great organisational, writing and conversational skills.
You are the perfect fit if you have
- Past professional or academic experience in research focused on Genome-Wide Association Studies or Epigenetics.
- Knowledge about the DNA testing market, both from users and industry perspectives is a bonus.
- Decisive, visionary and able to support your decisions with evidence.
- Flexible, as you'll be working in-depth with different business functions
- A good collaborator, leader and diplomat
- Extremely organised and able to work to deadlines and roadmaps
- A very strong and clear communicator, with a variety of audiences at different levels of knowledge in genomics and science
- Good at persuasion and negotiation
- Able to analyse complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviour
- Fair and objective when making decisions.
Job Type: Full-time with the possibility of offering a permanent role at the company, at the end of the internship period.
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000