As the leading provider of independent global governance services, Glass Lewis helps institutional investors understand and connect with the companies in which they invest. Glass Lewis is a trusted ally of the world's leading investors who use our solutions to drive value across all their governance activities. Our clients, including the majority of the world’s largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively manage more than $40 trillion in assets. Founded and still headquartered in San Francisco, Glass Lewis also develops and delivers its services from offices in the United States (New York, Kansas City); Europe (United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany); and Asia-Pacific (Australia, Japan). For more information, visit http://www.glasslewis.com
What role is available?
Contract: Fixed-term full-time internship (2-3 months depending on the market)
Start date: March 2022
Location: Remote work in Ireland (Republic) with possibility of onsite work in our Limerick office
Positions are available across a variety of markets for candidates who have proficiency in the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew and Nordic languages.
Working with Glass Lewis’ research teams, you will enhance your research skills by analysing meeting materials which have been publicly disclosed by listed companies (e.g. annual report, notice of meeting).
Intern positions are offered in two areas of focus:
1. Governance covering meeting proposals for board of director elections, committee memberships, skills matrices, auditor appointments, etc.
2. Remuneration covering meeting proposals for executive pay practices, incentive plans, pay-for-performance, etc.
Who is the ideal candidate?
Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with the following:
- Interest in and knowledge of business, economics, finance, corporate governance and public policy;
- Strong task and time management skills; ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines whilst paying attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; personable;
- Excellent written English with reading competency in your market’s local language (if applicable); and,
- IT skills; proficient in MS Office, Excel and online research tools.
What Glass Lewis Offers
- A supportive team-oriented work environment;
- A comprehensive training program on corporate governance and executive remuneration including to how analyse data and write analysis on these topics; an understanding of Glass Lewis’s policy and voting guidelines
- A city-centre location in one of Ireland’s largest cities with lots going on outside of work hours;
- A multicultural work environment with 20+ nationalities and languages.
Want to apply?
Submit your application via our online career portal: https://www.glasslewis.com/careers/
Please include a cover letter with your CV outlining how you are suitable for this role. Details of language proficiency in English and other languages should be included with your application, if available (e.g. language certificate, diploma, or evidence of significant experience abroad).