Glass Lewis is the leading independent provider of global governance services, helping institutional investors (shareholders) understand and connect with the companies they invest in. Our Proxy Papers provide high-quality, unbiased research analysis and voting guidance for more than 20,000 shareholder meetings (AGMs/EGMs) across global investment markets.
Research Associates (“RAs”) will work with Glass Lewis’s research teams to produce unbiased, independent research (Proxy Papers) covering your market’s general meetings, by:
· Reviewing meeting materials disclosed by publicly listed companies (e.g. annual report, notice of meeting)
· Analysing information with regards to corporate governance and remuneration practices
· Summarising meeting proposals and providing voting recommendations based on best practice
RA positions are separated into two areas of focus:
· Governance covers meeting proposals for election of the board of directors, committee memberships, environmental and social issues, skills matrices, auditor appointments, etc.
· Remuneration covers meeting proposals for executive pay practices, incentive plans, pay-for-performance, etc.
What role is available?
Contract: Fixed term
Start Date: Feb 2020
Location: Limerick City, Ireland.
Salary:€500 per week
· This position is particularly relevant to candidates wishing to pursue careers in economics, financial services, accounting, compliance, corporate law, governance and public policy
· Strong analytical skills
· Task and time management skills
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst paying attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team; personable
· IT skills; proficiency in MS Office, Excel and online research tools
· Experience in qualitative research or corporate governance is considered an advantage.